Here are some things to consider doing. Some items may not be applicable to you.
(or garage, estate, etc.)
Well before sale:
- Notify your neighbors so they can participate and/or be prepared for the traffic and noise
- Encourage neighbors to participate – it’s nice to have help and company during the sale
- Make signs (include times, day of week, date, location)
- Ensure you have change (bills and coins)
- Ensure you have bags to put items in when sold
- Put price tags on most items
- Arrange to have at least two people available to monitor the sale in case one needs to leave for a few minutes
Day before sale:
- Put up signs in area
- Offer or sell drinks, e.g., coffee, lemonade, water
- Offer or sell bagels, donuts, etc.
- Take down all signs