Here are some things to consider doing. Some items may not be applicable to you.
Before having repairs done:
- Ensure the contractor has a contractor’s license (the number may be on their truck)
- Ask about the repair person’s training and experience
During the repairs:
- Accompany the repair person during each step of the repairs dishonest repair persons will find it hard to cheat you and honest repair people will probably respect you more
- Ask lots of questions about recommended repairs and repairs actually performed
- Be especially wary of repair people who say that expensive repairs have to be made immediately
Thanks for reading!
- 💬 If you have any comments, send us an email
- 📬 Subscribe to the Checklists! newsletter
- 📕 Buy the A Checklist for Your Life ebook