Here are some things to consider doing. Some items may not be applicable to you.
Before accepting a job:
- Read information about pension carefully, including:
- Interest rate
- Does it use your highest years of earning?
After accepting a job:
- Keep all records related to your pension
When you become eligible to receive funds from a pension:
- Ensure the amount is based on:
- Correct interest rate
- Highest year(s) of earning, if applicable
If you suspect that you are not receiving the full amount you are due:
- Investigate, or have it investigated, soon some areas have a time limit (statute of limitations)