Here are some things to consider doing. Some items may not be applicable to you.
If you have an invention:
- Call (800) PTO9199 for patent information
- Be aware that less than 1% of new product ideas make it to market
- Consider applying for a patent, etc. yourself
If you want to use a company to apply for a patent:
- Be aware that legitimate companies usually do not charge fees up front (most deal on a contingency basis)
- Be wary of companies which:
- Use high-pressure tactics
- Claim a great success record
- Charge large up-front fees
- Ensure the company is registered to go before the Patent Office
Thanks for reading!
- 💬 If you have any comments, send us an email
- 📬 Subscribe to the Checklists! newsletter
- 📕 Buy the A Checklist for Your Life ebook