Here are some things to consider doing. Some items may not be applicable to you.
If you have questions about insurance:
- Contact the Insurance Information Institute at (800) 942-4242
If your insurer denies a claim:
- Seriously consider appealing most people don’t appeal
- Consider obtaining if you own real estate and/or a business
If your property sustains damage:
- Consider not filing a claim if the damage is minimal, especially if you have a significant deductible some insurance companies drop policy holders who file several claims within a short period, even if the amounts are small
For more info:
- Visit insurance-Canada.ca
Thanks for reading!
- 💬 If you have any comments, send us an email
- 📬 Subscribe to the Checklists! newsletter
- 📕 Buy the A Checklist for Your Life ebook