Here are some things to consider doing. Some items may not be applicable to you.
- See your doctor before starting a serious strength training program
- Start with less strenuous (e.g., lighter weights) and build up slowly to prevent pulling a muscle, etc.
- As you go up, breathe out
- As you go down, keep your stomach muscles tight
- Don’t lock your elbows
- As you get stronger, go lower and do more repetitions
- Consider keeping your knees, instead of your feet, on the ground
- Sit on edge of a chair, put hands on chair on both sides with fingers forward, slide your body forward then lower and raise your body
- Sit on edge of a chair, with your back straight, with a light weight (2-5 lbs.) in each hand, start with arms straight down, lift up and away from your body to shoulder height, breathing out as you lift, then lower
Thanks for reading!
- 💬 If you have any comments, send us an email
- 📬 Subscribe to the Checklists! newsletter
- 📕 Buy the A Checklist for Your Life ebook