Here are some things to consider doing. Some items may not be applicable to you.
If someone thinks they’ve suffered a sprain (e.g., ankle, wrist):
- Follow the R-I-C-E procedures:
- Rest the joint
- Ice pack for 24-48 hours
- Compress with an elastic bandage
- Elevate the sprain
If a child complains of continuing pain in his/her arm, leg, etc.:
- Take the child to see a doctor (e.g., emergency room) children are less likely than adults to suffer sprains (if there’s pain, there’s probably a broken bone)
Thanks for reading!
- 💬 If you have any comments, send us an email
- 📬 Subscribe to the Checklists! newsletter
- 📕 Buy the A Checklist for Your Life ebook