Here are some things to consider doing. Some items may not be applicable to you.
If you have a strong family history of ovarian cancer:
- Ask your doctor about getting a genetic test to determine if you have the defective gene which causes ovarian cancer
- Contact the National Cancer Institute in Bethesda, Maryland to get referred to a qualified genetic counselor
- Consult with a qualified genetic counselor
To reduce your risk of getting ovarian cancer (reducing the number of eggs you produce appears to lower your risk):
- Take birth control pills
- Get pregnant
- Nurse your baby
Thanks for reading!
- 💬 If you have any comments, send us an email
- 📬 Subscribe to the Checklists! newsletter
- 📕 Buy the A Checklist for Your Life ebook