Here are some things to consider doing. Some items may not be applicable to you.
Before getting a mammogram:
- Ensure the facility is accredited by the American College of Radiology and/or that the facility specializes in mammograms
If you have breast implants:
- Ensure the operator has adequate experience conducting mammograms on breasts with implants
After getting a mammogram:
- Ask your doctor, technician, etc. to double check your results
- Ask to see your mammogram(s) and associated records
- Get a complete physical including breast exam
Thanks for reading!
- 💬 If you have any comments, send us an email
- 📬 Subscribe to the Checklists! newsletter
- 📕 Buy the A Checklist for Your Life ebook