Here are some things to consider doing. Some items may not be applicable to you.
Reducing someone’s exposure to dust mites may reduce the risk of developing allergies to other allergens (e.g., pollen, mold), especially for children
To reduce exposure to dust mites:
- Reduce number of stuffed animals, books, picture frames, etc. — they collect dust, etc.
- Encase mattress, pillows, etc. in dust-proof, zippered plastic covers
- Consider using an air purifier, especially if you’re highly sensitive
Regularly (e.g., weekly):
- Wash bed sheets, stuffed animals, etc. in very hot water
Thanks for reading!
- 💬 If you have any comments, send us an email
- 📬 Subscribe to the Checklists! newsletter
- 📕 Buy the A Checklist for Your Life ebook