Here are some things to consider doing. Some items may not be applicable to you.
To de-ice sidewalks, etc.:
- Be aware that kitty litter will not melt the ice – it will only help to make it less slippery
If the temperature is above 20 degrees F:
- Use rock salt
If there are shrubs, etc. nearby:
- Use potassium chloride – less chance of damaging the plants
If the temperature is below 0 degrees F:
- Consider using calcium and magnesium chloride – may be better for the environment than just calcium
EXPLORE: At Home
Thanks for reading!
- 💬 If you have any comments, send us an email
- 📬 Subscribe to the Checklists! newsletter
- 📕 Buy the A Checklist for Your Life ebook