Here are some things to consider doing. Some items may not be applicable to you.
- Fleas can result in your pet getting tapeworm, weight loss, skin infections, hair loss, etc.
To get rid of fleas in your residence and/or on your pet(s):
- Ask your veterinarian for recommendations
- Use flea control products which are non-toxic
- Check your pet for fleas, e.g., by running a flea comb along back of pet near rear end, looking for black specks, putting the specks on a paper towel, putting a drop of water on the specks, checking for red circles (blood from your pet)
- Use products which attack adult fleas and flea larvae/eggs
- Place flea control substance on your pet’s back between the shoulder blades it will spread across the skin
- Consider giving your pet a tablet which helps sterilize fleas