Here are some things to consider doing. Some items may not be applicable to you.
To avoid damage to your property:
- Regularly inspect your property, e.g., roof
- Perform preventive maintenance, e.g., clean gutters (e.g., to prevent roof leaks) and chimney
- Check smoke detectors for good batteries
- Keep fire extinguishers readily available
If your property sustains damage:
- Consider not filing a claim if the damage is minimal, especially if you have a significant deductible – some insurance companies drop policy holders who file several claims within a short period, even if the amounts are small
EXPLORE: At Home
Thanks for reading!
- 💬 If you have any comments, send us an email
- 📬 Subscribe to the Checklists! newsletter
- 📕 Buy the A Checklist for Your Life ebook