Here are some things to consider doing. Some items may not be applicable to you.
- Keep teeth clean with brushing (use toothpaste designed for cats and consider using a finger toothbrush), sprays, chewable pills, hard food and/or chewable toys
- Clean ears with cotton balls, etc. (avoid cleaning ears with cotton swabs) approx. every 1-2 weeks — swabs can push wax, etc. further into the ear canal
- Use a shampoo designed for cats
If cat misbehaves (e.g., aggressive):
- Try to spend more time with your cat — many cats misbehave when they are bored or stressed
- Provide sufficient toys
If cat scratches furniture:
- Try to avoid declawing your cat — it hurts the cat, and it will make it difficult for your cat to defend itself (e.g., by climbing to avoid predators) if it gets outside
- Use a scratching post and put catnip on it
EXPLORE: At Home
Thanks for reading!
- 💬 If you have any comments, send us an email
- 📬 Subscribe to the Checklists! newsletter
- 📕 Buy the A Checklist for Your Life ebook