Here are some things to consider doing. Some items may not be applicable to you.
Before putting a baby or infant in the bath:
- Put a telephone close to the bath tub – so you won’t be tempted to leave the baby or infant alone in the tub if the phone rings
- Check the temperature of the water
After putting him/her in the bath:
- Don’t leave him/her alone, e.g., don’t answer door – if you leave even for a few seconds, you may become distracted by something and not return until well after he/she has drowned
- Don’t wash/scrub skin too thoroughly – your skin needs to retain some oils and bacteria for protection against diseases(!?)
- Dry feet well, especially between toes – to help prevent foot diseases