Here are some things to consider doing. Some items may not be applicable to you.
- Approx. 4 children between 2 and 14 are trapped and killed by garage doors each year
- Approx. 3,000 people are treated each year for injuries associated with electrical garage doors
- Test whether your garage door reverses within 2 seconds of impacting a new roll of paper towels placed on the ground
- Ensure operating buttons are placed out of the reach of children
- Keep garage door remote control locked in glove compartment – so kids can’t operate door
- Watch door until it has completed closed
- Test garage door reversing mechanism